Aggressive angels

Discussion in 'Angelfish' started by roscopuss178, Jul 13, 2015.

1. r

roscopuss178 New Member Member

So I have two angel fish that have started showing aggressive behavior towards my blue gourami. I have just recently upgrades from a 10 gallon tank to a 55 gallon tank with the three and in the 10 they didn't have any aggressive behaviors at all. Is it common for angels when put in a larger tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

2. alink

alink Well Known Member Member

Very glad you got them a bigger thank! They will thank you!

Most likely they are trying to establish territory. Do you know the sex of your fish? If they are a male and a female, they could be trying to spawn and they are going to protect their eggs from other fish, which would be a reason for the aggression. I also think you need to get some dithers in the tank. That could calm them down. Some kind of tetra, rainbowfish, or rasbora would be a good choice.

3. pritam

pritam Valued Member Member

in general you may face that in your 10g firstly. but the odd thing is you r facing it in your 55g tank!!!
    i dont know if they try to breed and become aggressive. i find this the only reason.
    lets see what the experts opinion.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  4. OP
    OP
    r

No I don't know the sex of the angels. I've had them since they we're about the size of a quarter. And have never found out

5. slayer5590

slayer5590 Well Known Member Member

Are they fighting with each other as well or are they teaming up on the gourami?

6. OP
    OP
    r

After watching them for about a half hour it's only one angel that attacks the gourami and the one angel will cross a 1/4 of the tank to go after the gourami. But I have moved the gourami back into the 10gal tank with 2 neon tetras and a green Cory cat for now

7. pritam

pritam Valued Member Member

i think 10g tank is not enough for neon tetra...they love to swim
    and you may face problem that your blue gourami may chase the tetras.

8. OP
    OP
    r

Yeah the gourami is only staying in the 10gallon till I can get some dithers in the 55

9. LiterallyHydro

LiterallyHydro Well Known Member Member

It's likely establishing territories in the 55 gallon tank. Could you provide any pictures of the tank? With enough hiding places, there shouldn't be much problems having the gourami with those angels.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice