Aggressive A. Australe Killifish

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Anna balzly, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Anna balzlyNew MemberMember

I have a 10 gallon that was up until yesterday a species only CPD tank. It is moderately planted with lots of hiding places. I have 7 CPD’s and added a juvenile lyretail killifish yesterday. He is very active, been doing a little glass surfing, (I thinkbhe is seeing his reflection but could be wrong), but otherwise seemed okay. My water parameters are perfect 0/0/5. This morning I noticed many of the CPD’s tails were shredded and one seemed to have a damaged eye. This evening, when I turned the blue light on for an hour before bed I started seeing a lot if aggression and attacking from the Killifish. I know all fish are different but all of my research claimed this species of Killifish to be shy and timid and good for a community tamk IF he had similar tank
    Ates. . Do you think he could be stressed and this could pass or do you think i “lucked” out with a meanie? I am setting up my hospital tank as I type this so i can remove him but wondered if any of you had any other thoughts/ideas.
    Thanks!

2. DominicNew MemberMember

Australes tend to be a more retiring killie, but that's always relative and CPDs are possibly too shy to keep with killies. If you want to try again, I'd suggest adding a couple of female australes along with him, which will hopefully give him something to focus on and remove the aggression from your CPDs.

3. Anna balzlyNew MemberMember

Thank you!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice