Aggresion In Guppies To The Extreme!! Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by TropicalFishieFish, May 20, 2018.

1. TropicalFishieFish

TropicalFishieFishNew MemberMember

I had just gone to have a quick look:emoji_eyes: at my fish:emoji_dolphin: until I saw one of my female guppies with horrifying fins:nailbiting:. It's definitely not fin rot as none of the others have it and the water quality is merely perfect;). It was being chased by the fancier male guppy:shifty: and kept being bitten at and its fins looked shredded and it swam with real effort:bucktooth:. It tries to hide in the corner all this time:oops:. I've only found this out today. I was thinking :watching:I'll put the aggressive guppy in a bucket with the aquarium water in for a week and I'll do a water change every day:D. Does anyone else have any suggestions? Or am I doing right? I have 4 platies (1 Male, 3 females) and 6 guppies (2 males, 4 females).

2. AntimatterAsterism

AntimatterAsterismNew MemberMember

You will want to move either the aggressive guppy or the one that is hurt, I'd personally recommend putting the hurt guppy into a QT tank so she can recover and heal. But I can't recommend putting a fish in a bucket, even with aquarium water, and not for a week. There'll be no filter, heater, or much of anything.

3. OP
    OP
    TropicalFishieFish

TropicalFishieFishNew MemberMember

I have a heater, and I said I'd do water changes every day maybe twice a day if I have too, but anyway i just gave the tank a big dose of stress coat and the next day her tail was repaired and the aggression was extinct hooray!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice