Against ALL odds

rajs

Valued Member
Reaction score
I know many people will not like this, but i was getting bored with just 3 fish in my 5 gallon tank. So i went ahead and bought 2 more female guppies yesterday. I now have in my 5 gallon hex 2 male guppies, 2 female guppies and 1 cory. I am soon going to buy a bigger tank. But wanted to take my chances to see is it so bad to have 5 fishes in 5 gallon. I will follow my routine though with water changes etc.

jj

Reaction score
Some things just work for some people. I have done absolutely everything by the book, yet having problems. I wish now I had just gone with my instincts like I did with my goldfish and they have been fine in a small tank with four danios for a couple of years now.
Good luck.

Richard

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I can't see the addition of two extra guppies with what you already had in your 5gal. tank being much of a cause for worry.. as long as you do regular water-changes and service your filter ever so often, you should be ok.. I can tell you your male Guppies are probably applauding your decision to add a couple of females!

rajs

Valued Member
Reaction score
yep, males are loving them. just follow instinct sometimes that is best. too much information can be sometimes dangerous, but follow with caution anything you do and be prepared for unknowns.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Unknowns like FRY for instance...you have an overstocked tank and are in the situation of having fry born within 28 days that you do not have room for...Yes, I would say you need to be prepared.

Any information you get here is only as good as you want to make it. You are always free to do with your tank as you choose, but the thing is, if you do not want to believe what information you are given, it is you who are responsible for the consequences. I truly think most of the information given here is the result of others trying to share their common knowledge and experience with those asking for it. You are free to accept it or not.

Rose

rajs

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thanks Rose. I certainly respect everyone's comments on this forum and they say by experience. I went ahead for couple of reasons
1. Was getting bored watching just 3 fishes, so 2 males / 2 female guppies has brought variety.
2. I agree with you, they can have fry any time soon, so as i discussed with you in other post, i am going to buy an eclipse 12 system by next week or so, so i will transfer all my fish from current hex 5 to eclipse 12.

I will use the hex 5 for fry.

thanks again for pointing out

rajs

Valued Member
Reaction score
this is how it looks .....

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
A very pretty tank and the fish look very nice. I am glad that you are getting a bigger tank and the 5 gallon will make a very nice fry tank. Thank you for clearing up the information.

Rose

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
8) What beautiful fish and a nice tank too. I am glad that you will be getting an eclipse 12 soon. It will be so much fun to raise fry.

CherryRose

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom