Help after wc fish acting weird

parvataneni

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
hi,
I did water change just 2 hrs back and added prime for whole tank(10g) as my tank is in cycling process ...i been doing 50% water changes almost every day and add prime equal for 10g. and today my fish seems to be acting as like they are having breathing problem .. like what i mean is they are swimming free they try to push their head up ..as like trying to hit something with head ... sorry not able to express correctly ..

can you tell what kind of symptom is that?

reading as of yesterday

Ammonia = 0
Nitrite = 1-2 (between)
Nitrate = 10

Thank you

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
that nitrite reading is seriously toxic high, I'd do WC until you get that level down, it doesn't take much to permanently hurt the fish.

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I think maybe jeta meant that since the nitrites are so high, you may want to do an extra water change or two to get that number down. Maybe two 30-40% changes a day for a couple of days.

parvataneni

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
oh ok i got it .. yeah i will do that.Thank you for your suggestions

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I understand. I don't know of what else can be done other than larger water change to get the nitrites down faster. Granted Prime should detox it ( i think a regular dose detoxes 1ppm but i dont have the bottle in front of me), but still the best thing to do is big water changes to get the level down.

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think maybe jeta meant that since the nitrites are so high, you may want to do an extra water change or two to get that number down. Maybe two 30-40% changes a day for a couple of days.
yep ty for clarifying <3

jdhef

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would recommend keeping the airstone running 24 hours a day. Especially since high nitrites effects the fishes ability to take in oxygen.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom