After Drystart Help?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by Our Aqua, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Our AquaNew MemberMember

8C78AA18-C2F4-4EED-AD5C-0E82763A8D9D.jpegF448AD9A-FA0F-4B15-960E-331301A348BB.jpegFEAB6EF1-44BC-4D85-940D-AF83346C209B.jpeg

I just filled my tank up (about 2 hours ago) after a 5 week dry start process. I’m using a pressurized co2 system (2-3bps for the beginning) & I’m curious about how long each day should I keep the co2 running?

I’m growing HC (dwarf baby tears) and AR minis but I’m more worried about the HC.
    the HC has already started to ‘pearl’ too. I’m afraid of the carpet melting and I was wondering if 3-4 hours is too little/long ?

thank you!

Attached Files:

2. -Mak-Fishlore VIPMember

You'll need a drop checker if you don't already have one, and gradually increase CO2 until the drop checker is green.

Do you have the CO2 system on a solenoid? Usually people time it to turn on CO2 2 hours before lights on, and to turn off CO2 1 hour before lights off.

The pearling you see now is probably false pearling from filling up the tank.

3. Our AquaNew MemberMember

Yes I do have a solenoid and I’m currently waiting for my drop checker ans thank you!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice