African spotted leaf fish

river

Reaction score
I have seen the coolest fish. Its an african spotted leaf fish. The only thing that I know about them is they get 4 and 1/2 inches. Does anyone know more about them? This would be very helpful. I want to get two. The other fish are blood parrots, a red tail shark and catfish. The tank is a 125 gallon.
River

Dino

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The African spotted leaf fish would probably do better in an aqaurium by themselves.
They also require live food. This can get expensive.
As for tank settings, they prefer heavily planted tanks with very little water movement.

Dino

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
What is the smallest tank size you can put one in?
Tom

Allie

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
My boyfriend wanted some of these...but by the time we realized that one of the fish shops had a pair someone beat him to them. :

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
There's a store within walking distance(even though I would drive) that has one and has had it for a few months now. If I have a big enough tank for it soon, I will buy it.
Tom

NOLAunderwater

Reaction score
Mine killed everything else in the tank. I brought him to a LFS that will adopt him out. He was pretty & had a ton of personality, but cost me 30 bucks worth of other fish.

MissMTS

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I wanted to get one as well, but I decided not to when people told me how aggressive they are. If you have a whole tank to dedicate to just them, then you may want to try it. I would say a pair would be comfy in a 29 gallon.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom