African Species Of Freshwater Snails

Süßwasserfisch

I would like to have a completely African tank and was wondering if there are any freshwater snails from Africa that I could get. Any advice or information would help!

DutchAquarium

Süßwasserfisch

From what I've read apple snails are from SA nerites are from India and SE Asia. And ramshorn snails are a nuisance

That's why I'm asking directly about African varieties if they do exist I've got a a few different species of snails I am by no means an expert but I'm not ignorant on the subject.

Aqua Hands

Rabbit Snails Or Black Devils to be exact

DutchAquarium

the Afropomus, Lanistes and Saulea genus of apple snails are from africa. Many of the nerite species are from india and indonesia, but quite a few are from africa also.

Mick Frost

A lot of the common Nerite varieties are African (zebra for sure).

DutchAquarium

did a bit more research for you on the nerites found in africa and they include- neritina pulligera, Neritina natalensis. There are a few other nerite species but these are the most common in the hobby.

Süßwasserfisch

Well thank you! I was told before apple snails are from SA nerites from SEA. I have black devil snails those definitely come from Asia. But that's wild!! Never knew! Thank you!!!!

I did some in depth reading finally

Everytime I get one here I learn something new thanks!

DutchAquarium

I would definetly go with something from the Afropomus genus. These are the true apple snails that dwarf many of the SA species.

Süßwasserfisch

My kid likes the lanistes.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom