African Leaf Fish, Climbing Perch

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Jake Micallef, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Jake Micallef

Jake Micallef New Member Member

I am going to be doing a complete makeover: rescape, restock etc of my 40g. I am very interested in African Leaf Fish or any of their other names . I couldn't find a lot online about them apart from the ph range (6.5-7.5) and temperature(75-80 Fahrenheit). I'll be using live plants and I'm not sure whether they'll uproot them (they won't eat them as there piscovourus, excuse my spelling, I know that much anyway

Will 40 g be sufficient? I will be keeping my beloved peacock eel though but I think they should be fine together - if not my LFS will take him back for sure. I have about 5 months for suggestions - thanks!

2. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

The pH range is irrelevant, you can have them in a pH higher than that.

A 40g is sufficient, yes.

3. OP
    OP
    Jake Micallef

O
    Will he mix with my spiny eel??

4. OP
    OP
    Jake Micallef

Thinking about getting some rainbows with a leaf fish - would 5 rainbows and a leaf fish be ok in a 40g?

5. slayer5590

slayer5590 Well Known Member Member

It will be fine with your eel and it won't uproot your plants either.

6. aquatickeeper

aquatickeeper Fishlore VIP Member

Yes, it will be fine with your eel.:)

7. Ed204

Ed204 Well Known Member Member

What rainbows are you planning to get?

8. OP
    OP
    Jake Micallef

3 turquoise and two boesmanis (if that's spelt right)

9. Ed204

Ed204 Well Known Member Member

How about if you get 6 of the same species? The rainbows would be much happier that way.

10. OP
    OP
    Jake Micallef

Yay - I'm a bit attached to Spiny (that's his name don't judge ok ) glad they should be ok together! Thanks for the help!

I read that a group of any rainbows would be fine - I'll just go for 6 turquoise ones then - there a lot cooler in my opinion

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2017
  11. Anders247

Yes, this would be fine, though I would do 8 rainbows and 12 bronze cories for the bottom. You could also do a rainbow cichlid.

12. OP
    OP
    Jake Micallef

Thanks for all your advice - I may have less time to wait as my angels have nearly grown out - what should I have the temp at??

4 boesemani and 4 turquoise I think

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2017
  13. Anders247

75-78 is fine, imo.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice