African Leaf Fish, Climbing Perch

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Jake Micallef, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Jake Micallef

Jake MicallefNew MemberMember

I am going to be doing a complete makeover: rescape, restock etc of my 40g. I am very interested in African Leaf Fish or any of their other names . I couldn't find a lot online about them apart from the ph range (6.5-7.5) and temperature(75-80 Fahrenheit). I'll be using live plants and I'm not sure whether they'll uproot them (they won't eat them as there piscovourus, excuse my spelling, I know that much anyway

Will 40 g be sufficient? I will be keeping my beloved peacock eel though but I think they should be fine together - if not my LFS will take him back for sure. I have about 5 months for suggestions - thanks!

2. Anders247

Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

The pH range is irrelevant, you can have them in a pH higher than that.

A 40g is sufficient, yes.

3. OP
    OP
    Jake Micallef

O
    Will he mix with my spiny eel??

4. OP
    OP
    Jake Micallef

Thinking about getting some rainbows with a leaf fish - would 5 rainbows and a leaf fish be ok in a 40g?

5. slayer5590

slayer5590Well Known MemberMember

It will be fine with your eel and it won't uproot your plants either.

6. aquatickeeper

aquatickeeperFishlore VIPMember

Yes, it will be fine with your eel.:)

7. Ed204

Ed204Well Known MemberMember

What rainbows are you planning to get?

8. OP
    OP
    Jake Micallef

3 turquoise and two boesmanis (if that's spelt right)

9. Ed204

Ed204Well Known MemberMember

How about if you get 6 of the same species? The rainbows would be much happier that way.

10. OP
    OP
    Jake Micallef

Yay - I'm a bit attached to Spiny (that's his name don't judge ok ) glad they should be ok together! Thanks for the help!

I read that a group of any rainbows would be fine - I'll just go for 6 turquoise ones then - there a lot cooler in my opinion

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2017
  11. Anders247

Yes, this would be fine, though I would do 8 rainbows and 12 bronze cories for the bottom. You could also do a rainbow cichlid.

12. OP
    OP
    Jake Micallef

Thanks for all your advice - I may have less time to wait as my angels have nearly grown out - what should I have the temp at??

4 boesemani and 4 turquoise I think

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2017
  13. Anders247

75-78 is fine, imo.