African dwarf frogs

Cvc

Hi,
I have a 10 gallon tank and I was wondering if I could put a few african dwarf frogs in it, and if I can is there anything else that I could put in there with them other than a betta?
There's a lot of different opinions out there about the ADF's as far as tank size goes so I'm kinda confused now. Thanks!

DrogJustDrog

I'd put one or two at most personally, granted I'm still new to this hobby but overstocking is something you want to be mindful of.

Edit: You might be able to squeeze a corydora in there, though someone more knowledgeable might come in here and correct me on this.

Upvote 0

Cvc

I'd put one or two at most personally, granted I'm still new to this hobby but overstocking is something you want to be mindful of.

Edit: You might be able to squeeze a corydora in there, though someone more knowledgeable might come in here and correct me on this.
Thanks, I'm new to this too. I've had 1 betta and that's pretty much it lol. The frogs just look so goofy and fun to watch.

Upvote 0

FoldedCheese

I agree with adding one or two ADFs, but cories are schooling fish, thriving in minimum groups of 6 and need a sand substrate. You wouldn't be able to fit the cories in a 10 gallon if you wanted a proper school.

Upvote 0

Aquariumlover1357

Agree with all posts above. I personally haven't had any problem with a betta and 2 adfs in a 5 gallon, which is pretty small, but if you make it heavily planted, especially in the bottom half of the tank, your frogs won't bother your betta. I would suggest 2-3 frogs, since you cannot have only 1 frog. They are communal. But if you are having adfs, I don't think you should add anything to the tank besides the betta fish. Good luck!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Redshark1
Replies
Views
Sokamix
  • Question
Replies
Views
Analisemcg