African Dwarf Frogs laid eggs all over my Aquarium...Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

April Abercrombie

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 20 gal freshwater fishtank. I have a mating pair of African Dwarf frogs. I have had them for several years now and never noticed any eggs, until today. There are eggs all over my tank. I do not want to keep or raise the frogs.

I bought these from Petsmart. I did not want a mating pair and assumed when I bought them that Petsmart would not give me a mating pair. I knew little about them at the time and could not tell I had bought a male and a female.

I have skimmed as much as I can, but there are still eggs all over my aquarium plants and decor. Is there a way to get rid of the eggs without having to scrubb all of my plants and stuff? Will nature take care of it for me?

Thank you!
April

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hi April welcome to FishLore!
The fish and the frogs will eat eggs. If any should survive and hatch, again the fish and frogs will most likely eat them.
Nature will take it's course.

Usually the frogs in the store are too young to sex.

OP
A

April Abercrombie

Reaction score
Thanks Lucy!

Oh..ok, that's probably why Petsmart sold them to me like that then. I'll quit complaining about them

I just got lucky I guess . I really love the little buggers so I'll deal with it LOL!

If any eggs turn into polywogs, I will try and save them...but hopefully they won't get that far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom