African dwarf frogs always float at top?

♥ashley♥
I had bought 2 african dwarf frogs about before christmas, and I added them to my fish tank like I should have and one did just fine but the other one couldn't keep himself down and he would always float at the top, well yesterday the frog that always floated was turned upside down and he was dead. what went wrong with him.

King_Snuggles
I had the same thing happen to me one was fine the other floated. I took the dead one back to the store and exchanded it, my guess was there was something wrong with the frog and not me.

♥ashley♥
I had the same thing happen to me one was fine the other floated. I took the dead one back to the store and exchanded it, my guess was there was something wrong with the fridge and not me.

so it wasn't my fault?

lilsoccakid
we would need to know ur water quality to find out

COBettaCouple
was he like that at the store? It sounds like a swim bladder disorder.

Angela_96
I would prob say it wasn't your fault. I have had african dwarf frogs before when I ad the tank set up a few years ago knowing nothing about what I was doing and the frogs thrived fine for a long long time never getting sick. I have a pair right now in my 10 gallon tank and they are healthy little critters.
I would say that it came to you w/ something going on wrong w/ it.

♥ashley♥
well my water quality is fine. there in with my gupps and my platty. oh and a loach.

♥ashley♥
was he like that at the store? It sounds like a swim bladder disorder.

one was very active and the other was just sitting at the bottom. I don't know which is which

COBettaCouple
Most likely the one that was sitting on the bottom at the store had a bad swim bladder. Can't be sure, but that's my guess on what happened.

♥ashley♥
oh well, the other one is doing great. should I try to get another one? or just leave it at just one

COBettaCouple
Your call, but I'd try another one.. I'd take the original out, rearrange the tank, then acclimate them both at the same time in different containers. It would reduce the chances of territorial issues by the original one.

oh well, the other one is doing great. should I try to get another one? or just leave it at just one

♥ashley♥
k thanks. I'll try that.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
WagglePets
Replies
Views
Lucy
Replies
Views
Lucy