African Dwarf Frog Question 

belarskio

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Do African dwarf frogs do good with small fish like guppies? I tried looking it up online but I keep getting mixed answers. Some people say they will eat anything that can fit in it's mouth and others say it is very passive and will not hurt other fish/frogs. Also how many I should have in my tank. I have heard they are social animals and need frog friends. I am getting mixed answers about this online too. And do they make alot of noise? Cant seem to find an answer for this either.

Sorry for so much questions

Thank you

Joshuaharestad

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
belarskio said:
Do African dwarf frogs do good with small fish like guppies? I tried looking it up online but I keep getting mixed answers. Some people say they will eat anything that can fit in it's mouth and others say it is very passive and will not hurt other fish/frogs. Also how many I should have in my tank. I have heard they are social animals and need frog friends. I am getting mixed answers about this online too. And do they make alot of noise? Cant seem to find an answer for this either.

Sorry for so much questions

Thank you
They will eat things that fit in their mouths but they are very small. As long as they aren't tiny baby guppies I think they'd be okay. They don't make any noise. And they do seem to be social. I have two and they seem to hang out together quite a bit. Not sure how many, depends on your tank, but I would do 2-4. Be careful of your filter. They have little limbs that can get sucked in. I had one die cause my filter was too strong.

belarskio

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Joshuaharestad said:
They will eat things that fit in their mouths but they are very small. As long as they aren't tiny baby guppies I think they'd be okay. They don't make any noise. And they do seem to be social. I have two and they seem to hang out together quite a bit. Not sure how many, depends on your tank, but I would do 2-4. Be careful of your filter. They have little limbs that can get sucked in. I had one die cause my filter was too strong.
Thanks for the response

Fish0n

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
There are a crazy amount of threads about them trying to eat otocinclus catfish and their mouths open surprisingly far however guppies are much faster so they would probably be fine.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom