10 Gallon Tank African Dwarf Frog Tank

LenaRose

Hi! I have a 10 gallon tank with a dwarf frog a female betta and some (4, 5ish) cherry shrimp. Im debating on getting another ADF! I've had my frog for about 4 months and she's thriving. I read some places that if I got another they could fight, but others say they're social and should be kept in pairs. Should I consider getting another ADF? Would my tank have enough room? Also, frogs at pet store are usually younger and my frog is an adult, would that make a difference? Pic because she's adorable

Attachments

• 16183500472067662513614980118892.jpg
    16183500472067662513614980118892.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 33

LouPey

Hehe she is cute! As I understand it they should be kept in groups. Years ago I had a small group of 3 or 4 and they did good. Do the shrimp and her get along okay?

Upvote 0

Lucy

Welcome to FishLore!
You're right, she is adorable!! They are social, any little tussle they have with each isn't out of aggression. It's usually because one accidently grabbed the other then they waggle all over the place trying to shake the other loose.
Good thing they don't have teeth!

I'd for sure get her some company but please for the sake or your existing frog quarantine your new frog for at least 2 months.
Sadly many amphibians in the trade (and wild) could (and often do) have deadly Chytridiomycosis.

It would be a really good idea to read up on it.
Here's a start with some helpful links:
Chytrid Fungus in ADF's and ACF's | Amphibian Forum | 25348

Good luck!

Upvote 0

LenaRose

Hehe she is cute! As I understand it they should be kept in groups. Years ago I had a small group of 3 or 4 and they did good. Do the shrimp and her get along okay?
They get along great actually, thankfully
Welcome to FishLore!
You're right, she is adorable!! They are social, any little tussle they have with each isn't out of aggression. It's usually because one accidently grabbed the other then they waggle all over the place trying to shake the other loose.
Good thing they don't have teeth!

I'd for sure get her some company but please for the sake or your existing frog quarantine your new frog for at least 2 months.
Sadly many amphibians in the trade (and wild) could (and often do) have deadly Chytridiomycosis.

It would be a really good idea to read up on it.
Here's a start with some helpful links:
Chytrid Fungus in ADF's and ACF's | Amphibian Forum | 25348

Good luck!
Poor froggos! that really is super sad. So glad my first froggo is healthy! Thanks for the quarantine tip.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Lucy
Replies
Views
Sokamix
  • Question
Replies
Views