African dwarf frog poop

Edye

I’m trying to figure out what my dwarf frog poop would look like. I have a 5gal she shares with a female betta and nerite snail. I just found out what the betta poop was which actually looks like pellets once they have been soaked. so those I’ll definitely be removing when I see them but not sure what my ADF poop would look like. I see some black spots but not sure what that is. I don’t have gravel so I use a Turkey blaster to pick up after the, but curious if I’m over feeding and that is what is there or it’s poop. No clue was snail poop looks like either. Sounds crazy but I am curious.

SpottedKit329

Hmm, have you looked it up?
also, are there any blackish foods that you feed them? if not it might be feces
I have an African Dwarf Frog too, but i haven't seen it poop so i don't know what it looks like either

Upvote 0

MasterPython

I am hatching babies and when they are in a little tub the poop is small brine shrimp coloured blobs. I honestly don't know if it come out that way or if that is a clump because I have not actually seen one poop.

Upvote 0

Aquariumlover1357

I'm so sorry to anyone eating food.

For an adult frog, the color will be a dark red/brown (I feed bloodworms), and the shape is oval, and about 5 millimeters in length. They usually look like a pellet (unless they're super scared and happened to let out an oopsie) and might have bits of undigested food hanging off of it. Hope this helped.

Upvote 0

MasterPython

I caught one mid poop

Attachments

• 20201223_114941.jpg
    20201223_114941.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 45
Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Sokamix