African dwarf frog in a 40 gallon tall

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by FishGuy101, Nov 28, 2012.

1. F

FishGuy101 Valued Member Member

I have a 40 gallon tall with a blood perrot, a school of 5 tiger barbs a fresh water fiddler crab and a snail can i add a african dwarf frog

2. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Aside from the tank probably being too tall for it (they need to get to the surface for air), an ADF would be miserable in that tank, if it even survives.

3. C

Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

As we said in your other thread, that tank wouldn't work well for an ADF at all.

4. OP
    OP
    F

sorry didnt see it in the other thread and hes in a 3 gallon right now can he live in that

5. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

He'll do better in there than the 40, for sure.

6. kinezumi89

kinezumi89 Fishlore VIP Member

I totally agree. Not only would the blood parrot and and barbs likely be aggressive towards him, but they're voracious eaters and ADFs have poor vision, so he would surely be outcompeted for food. Additionally, as Jaysee said, ADFs breathe from the surface and that would be too far for him to swim.

It is usually recommended that ADFs are kept in species-only tanks. While 3 gallons is on the small side, it's better than him being bullied and starved to death (to put it bluntly).

7. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

8. OP
    OP
    F

How often should the water b changed in the 3 gallon

9. C

Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

Does it have a filter and a heater? 50% weekly should be fine.

10. OP
    OP
    F

Ya and ok thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice