African Dwarf Frog Gender Ratio?

IHaveADogToo
If I keep a group of ADFs, should they be kept in any kind of gender ratio? I think I've heard of them needing so many males to females before but I can't remember exactly, and I can't find any reference to it now. I intend to have a 10 gallon ADF only tank. Thanks.

david1978
I don't think I have ever seen a recommendation on this. All I have ever seen was a mix of sex

IHaveADogToo
I wonder if midnaor Lucy can help me out?

Lucy
Hi! I don't think it's an issue. It's not something I've ever seen suggested.

midna
I would do an equal ratio if you can, or put more females in to give the females a break if you have too many males and only a couple females, then those females might be bred with a lot.

IHaveADogToo
Thank you. So basically I can have as many males or females as I want, just try to keep the females in the majority?

midna
yeah, or keep it even. I don't think it'll be a big deal if it's a little off. i'd just feel something like 5 males and 1 female would be unfair for the female lol. how many do you plan on getting, and from where? it might be hard to pick out the different genders tbh

IHaveADogToo
I'm not sure where I'm going to get them from... perhaps an upcoming reptile show.... perhaps my local fish store. I'm lucky, my local fish store is a really famous exotic pet store that several YouTubers have toured. I got my axolotl and shell dwellers from there. They carry really good stock, and treat the animals well for a store. I have one ADF now, that I've had for several months, and I got it from PetSmart. I think I want to get 3 or 4 more, so I'll have 4 or 5 total. They are going in a 10 gallon tank with no other tank mates and sand substrate.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Ms rose
  • Poll
Replies
Views
aquafrogg
  • Africandwarffrogowner
  • Amphibian
Replies
Views