African Dwarf Frog Egg Question

EmilyCee

Hello!
So my frogs had eggs, and I’ve decided to try and raise them. It’s been 3-4 days and some eggs have hatched, while others have started to grow a white fungus, which I believe is normal. Does this mean they will not hatch? I’m wondering whether to throw the eggs that have not hatched out or not. Some of them have a black spot, which kind of makes me think there’s a little frog in there (haha) but also have fungus. I can attach pictures if needed. Let me know

Kribensis27

Pictures would be helpful.

Upvote 0

fishnovice33

Yes that means they’re not good. It’s why many people use hydrogen peroxide or m. blue when hatching eggs.

Personally I don’t like using chemicals and find that if you separate eggs individually and give them their own space, most will hatch, albeit kind of a pain. That white fuzz will spread in clumps and ruin viable eggs.

Upvote 0

EmilyCee

Aw that’s annoying, should I throw them out? Or give them a day more?
You must be registered to see images

Yes that means they’re not good. It’s why many people use hydrogen peroxide or m. blue when hatching eggs.

Personally I don’t like using chemicals and find that if you separate eggs individually and give them their own space, most will hatch, albeit kind of a pain. That white fuzz will spread in clumps and ruin viable eggs.

wondering what you think see above please

Upvote 0

MasterPython

If they don't hatch after a few days they won't. The fertilized ones have a darker center and after a day or so will elongate before hatching.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Lucy
Replies
Views
gocrow77
Replies
Views
Redshark1