African Dwarf Frog Disease Help

wiseiguana

Hello all,

I had a female ADF that started to bloat and develop bumps. This happened roughly 2-3 weeks ago. The problem escalated...she had many bumps (2-3) with red spots on them, disformed body (bloating, non-uniform on the body). And then, I started to see red spots on the webbing of her feet and ripped skin shedding. She eventually floated on top and died after a few hours.

I am trying to prevent this from occurring to the other frogs if it is a bacterial/fungal disease that may be contagious. Does anyone have ideas of what this is and/or how to treat? I've read online that Chytridiomycosis
is a disease on the rise right now, and the symptoms seem very similar.

I also did notice that the water strip tests were not super accurate. Changed to API Master kit. My pH was quite high...around 8.0-8.2. This may have contributed to the disease. I also did treat the water with Kanaplex and Metroplex a few weeks ago, with higher water temps (86 F) for fish parasites.

Attachments

• 20210709_141411 (1).jpg
    20210709_141411 (1).jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 26

Lucy

I welcome to FishLore!
I'm sorry abut your frog. I think someone else on the forum had a similar issue. Maybe do a search. Doesn't appear to be chytrid.
Personally, I haven't encountered it. Not real sure Kanaplex and Metroplex are amphibian safe

Tank size?
Tanks mates?
If so what kind and how many?
Exact readings for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate?
What has your water changing routine been during the last few months?

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Analisemcg
Replies
Views
Sokamix
Replies
Views
kiireki