African dwarf frog Chytrid fungus treatment

bear777

Hello,

I have recently started a 10 gallon freshwater tank with 3 guppies and 3 African dwarf frogs. Unfortunately one of my frogs died last night and I am quite certain it was Chytrid fungus as he was trying to get out of the water and had a bit of fuzzy-looking skin flaking off on his back legs/ belly.

My other 2 frogs were first exposed to him a little less than a week ago (I didn't know that I was supposed to quarantine new frogs for 2 months first) and I was hoping somebody has recommendations for how to disinfect the tank and save my frogs. I picked up some aquarium salt and hydrogen peroxide today but I am hesitant to try hydrogen peroxide since it is such a harsh chemical. One of the employees I spoke to at a pet store also recommended an antibacterial treatment (he may have been talking about Maracyn) as opposed to something like methylene blue or malachite green.

Has anyone tried any of these treatments, and have they worked? And, how should I disinfect my tank without harming my guppies?

I also have an empty 1 gallon tank that I could temporarily quarantine the frogs in but it would be quite small for 2 of them.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Lucy
  • Question
Replies
Views
tfreema
Replies
Views
maggie thecat