African clawed frog help

1. Africandwarffrogowner

Africandwarffrogowner Valued Member Member

I don't have an African clawed frog, but a local restaurant has one by their cash register that is only about 2 or 3 inches of water in a round case about 4 inches in diameter. I know that's not nearly enough space and want to make a complaint, but wanted to know how many gallons that frog should have minimum before I say anything. Thanks!

2. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

3. FreshAquariums

FreshAquariums Valued Member Member

some people make me sick -_-

4. marijo

marijo Well Known Member Member

To be a happy frog , a 10 gallons will be the best for one acf

5. OP
    OP
    Africandwarffrogowner

Africandwarffrogowner Valued Member Member

Thanks. I talked to the manager and they said they've had him for about five years and that they just found out that they've been doing pretty much everything wrong. She took pride in the fact that she added a moss ball for him to hide behind, but I told her he really needs more space than that (she told me people ask if he's dead a lot, most likely because of the fact that he doesn't have space to really move around). I'm not sure if she's going to change anything, but if there's no change, I may offer to bring in a larger tank for them. Even though it would be money out of my pocket, at least he would be living in better conditions. ):

6. marijo

marijo Well Known Member Member

At least the owner is now aware of how she can take better care of her frog, you tried your best, it's up to her now to change things....you may see how it goes and then offer a larger tank if you see no improvement, just follow your heart :)

7. FreshAquariums

FreshAquariums Valued Member Member

That's really a nice thing to do, bring in a fish tank for someone/something that needs it to live :) good deeds makes a good world