African cichlids with convicts

Palitapx

Hey guys, new here, (I'm from mexico english is my second lenguague so sorry por any grammar mistakes).
I have an 80 gallon long with about 20 african cichlids, mbunas, peakock and haps, I have my little routine for feeding avery one what they need, soooo... My question is I'm intrigued in adding a couple is convict cichlids to my tank since where I live mi ph Is always at 7 to 7.5 i think I have a little wiggle room, BUT I'm hesitant on putting some convicts in there, if someone has experience doing this the help would be greatly appreciated, thank

MacZ

I would keep the convicts out. As long as they are not breeding they will be likely at the lower end of the pecking order, if they start to breed the thing will reverse. Malawi cichlids should only be kept with Malawis.
Btw: Try to get your pH up. Rift Lake Cichlids need at least 7.5 going up to almost 9, with an optimal reading around 8-8.3. Crushed coral or limestone would be helpful.

Palitapx

MacZ said:
I would keep the convicts out. As long as they are not breeding they will be likely at the lower end of the pecking order, if they start to breed the thing will reverse. Malawi cichlids should only be kept with Malawis.
Btw: Try to get your pH up. Rift Lake Cichlids need at least 7.5 going up to almost 9, with an optimal reading around 8-8.3. Crushed coral or limestone would be helpful.
Thank you very much

Latest threads

Top Bottom