African cichlids like crickets?

matt 63
Does African cichlids like crickets, if so how many do I feed a week? Just want to give them a treat every now and then, and how do I feed them vegetables? I'm pretty new to these kind of fish

Cichlid101
Does African cichlids like crickets, if so how many do I feed a week? Just want to give them a treat every now and then, and how do I feed them vegetables? I'm pretty new to these kind of fish
Crickets with Africans are not a very good idea. They are high in protein and can lead to bloat. You want a more spirulina based diet. Vegtebales are a good idea, just get a veggie clip and attach them to the side of the tank.

matt 63
Crickets with Africans are not a very good idea. They are high in protein and can lead to bloat. You want a more spirulina based diet. Vegtebales are a good idea, just get a veggie clip and attach them to the side of the tank.
what should I give them and how should I prep it?

matt 63
Can I feed them frozen bloodworms?

Demeter
Blood worms are also high in protein, just stick to things like blanched cucumber, broccoli, cauliflower, squash etc. Mine particularly love cauliflower.

Live/frozen foods are generally a no-go for Africans, unless they are one of the more carnivorous species like certain haps, but even then better safe than sorry.

matt 63
Blood worms are also high in protein, just stick to things like blanched cucumber, broccoli, cauliflower, squash etc. Mine particularly love cauliflower.

Live/frozen foods are generally a no-go for Africans, unless they are one of the more carnivorous species like certain haps, but even then better safe than sorry.
Ok thanks

Mick Frost
Very few of my fish don't try to take my fingers off when I'm squishing peas.

Cichlid101
Yeah, just stick to a more herbivorous diet and you should be fine.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Dunk2
Replies
Views
Lucy
Top Bottom