african cichlid IDing Help

1. JDcichlidlover

JDcichlidlover Well Known Member Member

Ok. I have 2 yellow labs and 6 others that I need help Iding
    There's one albino cichlid (all white, sometimes there's very pale striping on her)
    One black cichlid with very faint striping, his dorsal fin and tail are tipped with white.
    A fleshy/peach colored one (I'm afraid it might be a peacock in which case he probably shouldn't be in this tank)
    Two blue striped ones, one is paler than the other, they both have light yellow dorsal and tail fins. The paler one has an almost yellow belly
    And one dark green one with close, thin stripes. Definatly african I just don't know species. He has light yellow tipped fins as well.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you in advance
    -Alyssa

Attached Files:

2. C

Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

The big one in the second picture looks to be a zebra. Not sure what the other one is. I'm not real big on Africans. I'm sure somebody else will come along and tell you.

3. OP
    OP
    JDcichlidlover

Thank you :) . I hope so. I need to stock more so they won't be too aggressive but I want to know what species I have already so I can stock around it.

4. C

Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

Red Zebras are pretty common. They're usually not all that aggressive.

The one in the first picture could be this   the picture isn't super clear so I could be wrong.

5. OP
    OP
    JDcichlidlover

Well if they're all zebra that's good :) . Labs are less aggressive than other africans too. Ill just have to get more labs and try to find females of both. I don't think its an ice blue. The striping is darker and thicker on the two bigger blue ones. Maybe my little stripy one. The juvi male ice blue matched him.