Affordable Rodi System Recommendations Please.

OnTheFly
I really need to buy an RO unit. Does anyone have a system they have used for a while and would recommend? I guess the budget is $200. Cheaper would be better if it would actually work for a few years. My well water is very hard but no other problem. I don't really need the RO unit to bring it to zeros. Just get the calcium WAY down. I need to maintain a couple 20Gs with the system at a minimum.

KinsKicks
I'm not sure this helps or not, but when at my LPS yesterday, they were selling an RO Unit for ~$50 dollars (can't remember the exact price atm, but I remember how inexpensive it was because I gawked at it) I'd be glad to go check it out later today and give you better specs

Alternate is go to your LFS and see if they sell RO water, but that's a lot of buckets

OnTheFly
I'm not sure this helps or not, but when at my LPS yesterday, they were selling an RO Unit for ~$50 dollars (can't remember the exact price atm, but I remember how inexpensive it was because I gawked at it) I'd be glad to go check it out later today and give you better specs

Alternate is go to your LFS and see if they sell RO water, but that's a lot of buckets
I buy RO water now for one tank at the LFS. I live rural so I waste gas money going after it. My local grocery store charges way too much. And please do check on the cheap unit. If I buy something inexpensive I won't mind throwing it in the trash in a year. It would still be cheaper than buying jugs of water. By then I will wise up on RO units. I'm guessing a great RODI that will last forever probably costs $500 or more.

On a side note if you buy RO water test it. I bought a bunch from one LFS and it was about the same KH as the city water around here. Filters not changed often enough most likely.

KinsKicks
I buy RO water now for one tank at the LFS. I live rural so I waste gas money going after it. My local grocery store charges way too much. And please do check on the cheap unit. If I buy something inexpensive I won't mind throwing it in the trash in a year. It would still be cheaper than buying jugs of water. By then I will wise up on RO units. I'm guessing a great RODI that will last forever probably costs $500 or more.

On a side note if you buy RO water test it. I bought a bunch from one LFS and it was about the same KH as the city water around here. Filters not changed often enough most likely.
No prob! I'll take pics and such, the whole shebang

And will do! Thanks. Although I haven't had a problem with it yet (finger crossed). I run the RO on the Saltwater tanks so the mineralogy doesn't bother me too much once it's processed

OnTheFly
No prob! I'll take pics and such, the whole shebang

And will do! Thanks. Although I haven't had a problem with it yet (finger crossed). I run the RO on the Saltwater tanks so the mineralogy doesn't bother me too much once it's processed
My well would probably be awesome for SW. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence lol.

AvalancheDave
I've used a unit from Bulk Reef Supply for several years. I've found their offerings to be a good combination of quality and value.

KinsKicks
OnTheFly

Sorry for taking so long, had late classes today ops:
But here are the pics

Just in care your interested, they did put up an RO/DI system for $90, but you just need the Ro right?

Although it does seem cheaper on Amazon, but they are having a 25% sale soon and I have a coupon for an extra %10

Attachments

• IMG_3212.JPG
    IMG_3212.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_3213.JPG
    IMG_3213.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_3214.JPG
    IMG_3214.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_3217.jpg
    IMG_3217.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_3218.jpg
    IMG_3218.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 114
OnTheFly
OnTheFly

Sorry for taking so long, had late classes today ops:
But here are the pics

Just in care your interested, they did put up an RO/DI system for $90, but you just need the Ro right?

Although it does seem cheaper on Amazon, but they are having a 25% sale soon and I have a coupon for an extra %10
Thanks so much for going to all the trouble. I'll check all the PICs out and research it further. Looks like it will do 50 GPD. That would be sufficient.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
bitseriously
Replies
Views
richiep
Replies
Views
Islandvic
Replies
Views