Advie on filter choice

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by peregrine, Jun 24, 2016.

1. peregrine

peregrineValued MemberMember

OK. So tank. 20 Long. when I get it in, will be well under stocked but this is for near future when stocked. ((way under stocked like when everything is moved 5 neons and 3 zebra danios)) So my Question is. HOB or Canister.

My concern with HOB is with it being the Long and how intake it right under the output that on the furthest edges it won't get filtered as well but is cheaper... With a canister I can have intake on one side of tank and output on the far side, but can't seem to find one with a decent flow rate that I don't pretty much have to give my arm and a leg for the tank size that has gotten decent reviews...

So thoughts or recommendations..

OH Fully stocked is likely to be something like ((those aren't exact numbers just approx, haven't run numbers for whether that will overstock it or not))
    15 Neon tetras
    10 Zebra Danios
    8 Albino Corys

2. Aquaphobia

AquaphobiaFishlore LegendMember

I like to use two filters on a 20 long, one at each end. But then I prefer low flow so getting the full volume of water turned over in good time is a potential issue. On one I have two sponge filters running off a single air pump while on the other I have smallish HOB's.

3. OP
    OP
    peregrine

peregrineValued MemberMember

Aquaphobia thanks. For some odd reason 2 HOB never even occurred to me. Which is odd since As you have noticed I REALLY like redundancy and planned on putting the one form my 10 and getting a second one instead of replacing with a bigger one...

4. Aquaphobia

AquaphobiaFishlore LegendMember

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice