Advice Please

seth rodgers

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I have had an aggressive platy (almost killed two of my snails and chased around other fish) and it needs a new home asap. What do I do as the pet store who "love animals" refuse to take it back and try to find her a new home. Advice? Ideas?
Thanks

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Depending on how big your aquarium is, more platys could help diffuse aggression and make yours less aggressive. If you do this, you will also want to rearange the aquarium a bit.

seth rodgers

Valued Member
Reaction score
DutchAquarium said:
Depending on how big your aquarium is, more platys could help diffuse aggression and make yours less aggressive. If you do this, you will also want to rearange the aquarium a bit.
Well its a 30 gallon with two platies and two mollies and a gourami and 4 corys planted. The other platy i had to take out because he did not stop.

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would definetly up the numbesr of platies. You also need a minimum of 6 corydoras in order to form a proper school.

fjh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If you are looking to rehome the platy, you could post an ad on craigslist or similar. You can also check if anyone from here would like to take him/her

seth rodgers

Valued Member
Reaction score
DutchAquarium said:
I would definetly up the numbesr of platies. You also need a minimum of 6 corydoras in order to form a proper school.
I dont want to overstock my tank though

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
if you up the numbers a bit, your not even close to over stocking. I'm looking at your current stock as for maybe a 20 ish. You still can add a bit.

seth rodgers

Valued Member
Reaction score
DutchAquarium said:
if you up the numbers a bit, your not even close to over stocking. I'm looking at your current stock as for maybe a 20 ish. You still can add a bit.
How many more you think?

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would go with a minimum of 6 corydoras and the rest should be upped to at least 5. The platies and molly numbers are negotiable, but the corydoras need a minimum of 6.

seth rodgers

Valued Member
Reaction score
DutchAquarium said:
I would go with a minimum of 6 corydoras and the rest should be upped to at least 5. The platies and molly numbers are negotiable, but the corydoras need a minimum of 6.
so maybe like 1 or 2 more platy/ molly and two more corys and that would be good?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom