Advice on Siphon selection

1. Broq15 Initiate Member

Hello, any recommendations on siphon purchases that you've been pleased with? What is a good brand and size for a 20 gallon long?

Looking for durable, cost effective, and easy to use... thanks

2. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

3. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Broq. I use the same type of vacuum that Lucy does, only I use the giant one :) for my size tank.
    Ken

4. Beth1965 Well Known Member Member

I use the python and love it. Give it a try. If I remember correctly it comes in two sizes, I have the larger one as the largest tank i ahve is a 55, smallest is 10.
    Good luck in your decision.

5. flyin-lowe Well Known Member Member

I too recommend the Python. Hook it up to your sink and it will siphon water out then twist the nob on the unit and it will then fill your tank back up. No more buckets and it has a flow control knob so one person can do it alone. They have a25 foot hose, 50 foot, and I believe a 100 ft depending on how far a sink is from your tank.

6. redlessi Well Known Member Member

I use the lee ultimate gravel vacuum its just like a python but less expensive. I hope I never have to go back to 5 gallon jugs again..................

The only thing that I have noticed is that I use more water conditioner. I treat the whole tank instead of just treating the water in the jug.

7. patrickdives89 Initiate Member

I too have the Python. Even though I've only had it for a little under a month, it sure does work well. For between water changes, I use a Enheim battery powered vacuum.

8. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello. :animal0068:I have moved your thread to the "freshwater tank equipment" section of the forum.
    Thanks!
    Ken