Advice On Moving Two Tanks To New Home

LoganKarl

Hey there. I am moving to a new home in a couple weeks and I'm looking for the best way to move my two tanks that will put the least amount of stress on my fish. I also do not want to damage the auqascape in both tanks. The journey is only about a 5 minute drive so not far at all!

The tanks are 1- 5 gallon planted tank. Top soil with sand cap substrate. Large rocks and driftwood with a sponge filter. Stocked with pond snails, 2 assassin snails, and about 25 baby Green Jade shrimp.

Second tank is a 10 gallon planted tank. top soil with sand cap substrate. mound of small rocks. large rocks and drift wood. 1 s10 and 1 s-15 Marina HOB filters. Stocked with pond snails, 7 ember tetras, 6 rasbora's, 2 dwarf honey gouramis, two amono and three orange shrimp and 2 guppies.

I have never moved tanks farther than across the house so not sure of the best way of doing it. any advice/ tips would be awesome! Thanks!

LoganKarl

Here are my tanks. The 10 gallon has a lot more plants in it now.

Attachments

• 0514191901.jpg
    0514191901.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 0505191310.jpg
    0505191310.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 80

AJE

Just empty them and put them in the car, drive slowly!! And be sure to dedicate a whole day to just moving the tanks

The_fishy

I take tanks to and from college. Fish are removed, water drained, then paper towels squished into every nook where substrate, decor, or plants can shift. I have a 3.5 hour drive (the end of which on back roads), but have had no to extremely little movement.

LoganKarl

Thanks for the tips!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Jafa
Replies
Views
Nickguy5467
Replies
Views
Sheldon13