Advice on Convict tank? 29 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Convict Cichlid' started by peefyloo, Apr 10, 2010.

1. peefylooNew MemberMember

I could use some suggestion on how I should decorate my con tank. It's only been up for a few months. At first I had two, but I think they may have been 2 females because the 2 batches of eggs were not fertilized. I then got a "pink" convict, within 36hrs eggs were laid and now there are fry.

Anyways... I'm looking to redecorate. It is a very bare tank and was originally thinking about leaving it how it is now, but I changed my mind. I'm just not too sure what to do. I attached some pics of my current setup.

It is a 29g with "natural ocean color" substrate, an Aquaclear 50 and a heater. It has 1 whole terracotta pot and 2 halves from one I cut in half. It is home to 3 convicts + fry. The odd convict out will be moving elsewhere.

Also, I was thinking about possibly adding some sort of small species of pleco or bottom feeder, but I'm sure the cons would mess with it or the other fish would eat the eggs. Any ideas? Also, apple snails?

Any suggestions would be great :)

Full shot, don't mind that little wire and device on the tank, thats just to read the temperature to make sure the heater is working okay:

331.jpg

Pick convict:

333.jpg

Mother and fry:

335.jpg

2. AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Good morning Peefyloo,

This link may give you some ideas. Be sure, once you are on the linked page, look to the right and scroll down. There are about 4 pages of Convict information that you may find helpful.

You have some beauties there! Congrats on the fry and thanks for sharing the photos!
    Ken

3. peefylooNew MemberMember

Thank you, that site gave me some more info, but I didnt get any ideas on how to decor the tank like with drift wood, texas holey rock, etc. ?

Also, would moving them to a 55g be worth it?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  4. AquaristFishlore LegendMember

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice