Advice Needed To Euthanize A Fish.

joe914

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I am pretty shure that my tiger barb has TB i started another thread because i thought it was swim bladder problem ,but it looks like tb from what i read on the net ,when he starts to swim he is curved like the letter C and i noticed it looks to me like he is missing scales as well and loss of color ,i am worried because i have my hands in the tank with minor cuts and scratches .I have read that the best way to euthanize is to use clove oil ,is there another way because i don't have any right now ,does this mean my other fish have it as well , i am worried about doing water changes, from what i have read u cant get rid of it even with bleach.

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The best way is to use clove oil. I wouldn't freeze the fish since their appear to be studies showing that the fish are still responsive to the cold. The next best way to go is plithing which is what you did to your frogs in school.

joe914

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I am not sure i don't think this has anything with my fish being sick but do tiger barbs eat plant's ,i had put 2 small clipping's about 3" one of wisteria and one money wort,i found them floating i thought i did not plant them deep enough,so i replanted them and the next day they were not in the substrate again, i found the money wort floating again but the wisteria clipping was no were to be found.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom