Advice for moving hamster to smaller cage

bettaf1sh 7789

Hi! I have a Syrian hamster who currently lives in an ~600 sq inch cage, but I am going to be moving soon and for the move I won’t be able to transport him in his large cage so I need to temporarily move him to a smaller cage (~360 sq inches) he will be living in this cage for maybe a week tops as I get stuff setup at the new place. Would he be okay if I move him into this smaller cage tomorrow (2 days before I move) and then just have him live in the cage until sometime middle of next week? I plan to add his used bedding from his current cage to make it smell familiar, just need him in something smaller as it may be a few days before I can get his larger cage into the new place.

Aquariumlover1357

It should be fine as long as it's only for a temporary home. Make sure you add his old toys and hides too.

Dechi

Your plan sounds good !

bettaf1sh 7789

Aquariumlover1357 said:
It should be fine as long as it's only for a temporary home. Make sure you add his old toys and hides too.
Dechi said:
Your plan sounds good !
Great! I’ll get him setup tomorrow, I’ll try to arrange everything in the smaller cage similar to how it is in his normal cage. Thanks!

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom