Advice for lighting on multiple tanks on a rack

ErikaCA

Hi all!
I am in the beginning stages of creating a 3-shelf metal rack for my ram breeding tanks.
Right now I'm focused on the middle and bottom shelves. The shelves are wire, but I will be adding painted 3/4" plywood on top of the wire.

The middle row consists of 6 10-gallon tanks (2 rows of 3 tanks).
The bottom row will consist of 2 20-gallon long tanks, and behind them, 3 10-gallon tanks.
All tanks will have glass lids.

The total length of each row of tanks is 60.5" long, and 23-24" wide.

(The rack will be accessible from both sides.)

Each tank gets its own heater and sponge filter.

Now, I need to figure out LED lighting...

I need to decide what configuration of light fixtures to use and how to mount, to use as few fixtures as necessary, but with good coverage. My current tanks run the Finnex 24/7 Planted Plus HLCs, and I really like them. I will be growing some plants, and I like the variation of light throughout the day and night, and customizable features. I've also been looking at the Fluval 3.0 because you can use your phone to program it.

Would 1 48" light suspended above the tanks provide enough light covered per shelf? I am thinking it would not. 2 rows of 48" per shelf? 3 24" lights run width-wise per shelf? Are there 60" lights with the features I like?

Again, I am trying to minimize the number of light fixtures due to energy costs and electrical socket availability. I already need 12 sockets just for the heaters and air pump, and that's not even including what will go on the top shelf (2 Ziss brine shrimp hatcheries, nurseries, sick/quarantine tank).

This is my first multi-tank rack system, and I'm already in $1300, and still need to order lights and a few more heaters. Boy, does it add up fast!

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 1-16-22.jpg
    1-16-22.jpg
    298.2 KB · Views: 4

Suniv2

Led is the way to go

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Sauceboat