Advice For Betta's!

Prism

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Is your betta having troubles with sickness?

---------------------------------------------

FIN ROT - Fin rot, is one of the common illnesses of betta fish, first you will see some burnt brown edges thru out the fins or tail.

The fins start to become looking ragged as there appearance, for the illness eat the tissue.

Fin Biting - This issue is caused by the betta biting there fins, they'll start to get some threaded fins, there and there thru out the fin, this is commonly caused by their stressed, or have no hiding spots, provide hiding spots if this happens, and I would recommend living plants.

Pushing of the Filter - This problem is caused by a too strong of a filter, the fish cannot handle the pressure, and will start getting blown around, by the filter, if this happens I would recommend a filter sponge.

New Betta - Normally if you buy a new betta, he will probably act strange as he is getting comfortable in his new home, I would recommend not feeding him for the whole day of the adoption day, the next day offer him some food, if he does not eat it is totally fine, for he is just getting ready for his new home. Keep trying to feed him, and if he doesn't accept it, watch him for a few minutes, then if he doesn't eat remove the food, so it doesn't cause ammonia.

Adopting a Betta - The BIG day is coming up, adopting a betta! When you adopt a betta, FIRST make sure to cycle your tank for almost a day, or maybe a week, keep the filter running the heater on, and test the water before you adopt your betta, When you adopt your betta, when you get home with your betta, acclimate him for about 30 minutes, or an hour. After about 30 minutes of acclimating test the temperature of inside the tank, and inside his cup. If there about the same you can go ahead and put him in the tank!

Check List - Provide over 2.5 gallons, I recommend living plants, some hiding spots, I recommend Omega fish food, keep your tank 76 F˚ - 82 F˚, filter needed.

- Tip Tap.

PRISM'S TANK - My betta (Prism) has a 5 gallon tank, with hiding spots, and living plants, filter, and a heater.

PICTURE OF MY BETTA -

Attachments

_IceFyre_

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Tanks usually take 3-6 weeks to cycle, not a day. They also require an ammonia source to cycle. Other than that, good info

BottomDweller

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Looks good. Apart from the cycling bit and bettas really prefer water between 78-82f, 76 is a little cool.

KarenSoCal

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
"Cycle your tank for almost a day, or maybe a week".....

A nitrogen cycle in a new tank takes a minimum of 2 weeks, and that's only if you have used a bacterial supplement. Otherwise, it can take 6-8 weeks or more.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom