Advice for Betta Breeding

The fish adviser
I was thinking about breeding Bettas any advice

Platylover
Here’s a good link-
Betta breeding

Betta breeding can and will be pretty difficult, especially if your going to do it correctly, because of this it’s usually reccomend to start with another egg layer first so you can get idea on fry rearing. Our breeders will likely have some more input.

AZrodeo92
I just had my first batch of fry this week. Betta eggs go from being in the nest to hatching within days. That's the first mistake I made so I was not ready with their food but I was able to get some tricks on what to do. If you're truly considering breeding your bettas I would get your food ready now

The fish adviser
I just had my first batch of fry this week. Betta eggs go from being in the nest to hatching within days. That's the first mistake I made so I was not ready with their food but I was able to get some tricks on what to do. If you're truly considering breeding your bettas I would get your food ready now
Ok should o use brian shrimp

AZrodeo92
It really depends on your personal preference. I actually ordered a microworm culture which is actually nematodes and they seem like they're pretty easy to keep alive

The fish adviser
It really depends on your personal preference. I actually ordered a microworm culture which is actually nematodes and they seem like they're pretty easy to keep alive
Thanks a lot

AZrodeo92
Message again for more help

The fish adviser
The fish adviser
Also right now the betta I have has shredded fins so should I wait for them to grow back?

AZrodeo92
Yes, and it looks like the beginning of Popeye

The fish adviser
Yes, and it looks like the beginning of Popeye
No he got into a fight and killed all 3 fish that was nipping at him

AZrodeo92
Ok so he is a bad boy! I love him right now. . He looks like my girl.
20180218_122831.jpg

The fish adviser
IKR he is cool anyway should I wait for them to grow back?

AZrodeo92
Yes. Breeding is very aggressive for bettas so you want them in the best shape possible.

And watch his eye, it can become Popeye if it gets infected, but it should go back to normal

The fish adviser
Ok
Yes. Breeding is very aggressive for bettas so you want them in the best shape possible.

And watch his eye, it can become Popeye if it gets infected, but it should go back to normal
why is he most vulnerable to pop eye though

AZrodeo92
If he bumped his eye, scratched it in the fight, or even just weakened immunity during recovery from the fight... all those things can cause it. Some bettas get it for no known cause

The fish adviser
If he bumped his eye, scratched it in the fight, or even just weakened immunity during recovery from the fight... all those things can cause it. Some bettas get it for no known cause
Ok thanks and surprisingly his only wounds is his shredded fins!

DrFish53
It's the feeding the fry that is hard

JKreis
...ive never had breaded betta before. . Sorry, had to be a joker.

Sent from my VS995 using

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
KakeHugs
Replies
Views
fabienne
Top Bottom