Advice for 10g aqua scaping?

alven
Hi! Attached is a picture of my ten gallon tank. In the middle is a huge log and to the far right is a rock I found in my backyard to hide the air bubbler. Then to the far left is a huge plastic artificial plant that I use to hide my cave. What do you suggest that I do to make my tank look better? I don't plan on getting live plants yet. Should I get more fake plants or..? Any advice is welcome. I also plan on getting just one Betta in this tank as is it would be ideal.

20210504_113403.jpg

20210504_112157.jpg

Wouldratherwatchaquarium
It looks good, simple and has a mixture of cover and hiding places.
Personally I would go for more natural pieces of wood and try to build some height with it and more fake plants on the other side to balance it out a bit. Some small foreground fake plants could look cool too.

Word of caution with the rock in case you haven't checked. Its worth testing it with vinegar to see if it reacts. If it fizzes its not good for the aqurium as it will release compounds slowly over time.

redmare
GET LIVE PLANTS!!! They're beautiful, they elevate any scape, they help keep your water clean and your parameters balanced, and they don't have to increase your workload barely at all!!!
That being said, I do quite like your scape, it's simple and nice. I'll show you my 10 gallon scapes and a few of my others

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 2.41.00 PM.png
this is one of my betta 10's

1620153959292.png
this is my other betta 10, shortly after I started it, it's much more overgrown now which I personally love

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 2.38.43 PM.png
This is just a little 5 gallon I have
Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 2.42.13 PM.png
this is my 30 gallon guppy tank

StinkyLoaf
Knowing what fish you are trying to provide conveniences to can help make judgements. What fish do you plan on getting for this tank?

The substrate looks suitable to house some easy-to-care-for rooted plants such as amazon swords and cryptocoryne. Maybe something to think about when you do consider getting live plants. For now, silk plants look very natural and some nice green ones in the background would spice things up.

alven
redmare said:
GET LIVE PLANTS!!! They're beautiful, they elevate any scape, they help keep your water clean and your parameters balanced, and they don't have to increase your workload barely at all!!!
That being said, I do quite like your scape, it's simple and nice. I'll show you my 10 gallon scapes and a few of my others

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 2.41.00 PM.png
this is one of my betta 10's

1620153959292.png
this is my other betta 10, shortly after I started it, it's much more overgrown now which I personally love

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 2.38.43 PM.png
This is just a little 5 gallon I have
Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 2.42.13 PM.png
this is my 30 gallon guppy tank
I'm not ready for live plants yet, as I said above, but I'm definitely going to get some soon. Thanks for the advice, and you have some amazing aquariums! :)
Wouldratherwatchaquarium said:
It looks good, simple and has a mixture of cover and hiding places.
Personally I would go for more natural pieces of wood and try to build some height with it and more fake plants on the other side to balance it out a bit. Some small foreground fake plants could look cool too.

Word of caution with the rock in case you haven't checked. Its worth testing it with vinegar to see if it reacts. If it fizzes its not good for the aqurium as it will release compounds slowly over time.
Yeah, it didn't fizz Thank God lol. I also soaked it in water for 24 hrs to see if it would degrade, but it didn't so yeah.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom