Admin approving account?

SavTheArtist

Hey everyone... so, I just made an account for my young neighbor friend who is an avid fishkeeper (got me into the hobby). When I access his account in an attempt to get it going so he can post, it says that a leader/admin has to approve his account first. What does this mean? This didn't happen when I made my account?

He is very excited to join and meet everyone as well as share pictures of his many, many fish, but he sadly can't yet.

Note to any admins: If you could review his account and approve it to resolve this, the account is Frostclaw

FishGirl115

Huh... Maybe if you put age in it might recognize as a child? Idk... Weird. I look forward to meeting him!

FishGirl115

Nvm, just realized it says he's 18.

SavTheArtist

FishGirl115 said:
Huh... Maybe if you put age in it might recognize as a child? Idk... Weird. I look forward to meeting him!
He'll be very happy to meet you too, I'm sure
SOmething did go odd in the process of making the account, it says 18. That shouldn't be the problem =/

Heres a pic of the notification:

It's just a bit confusing lol

flyinGourami

Did you make it on the same computer or something as your account? That may be why.

SavTheArtist

bgntoc said:
Did you make it on the same computer or something as your account? That may be why.
Ah, that I did. Could that be the problem? I was doing it from home because of distancing.

flyinGourami

Sav038 said:
Ah, that I did. Could that be the problem? I was doing it from home because of distancing.
I think so since I remember reading somewhere that if you have more than one account, you have to give a reason so they can approve it(cuz, ya know, why would one person have multiple accounts).

Fisheye

Hi, I think if you have two accounts running on the same IP address, admin needs to approve it. It's in the forum rules. Don't worry, this will get sorted!

SavTheArtist

bgntoc said:
I think so since I remember reading somewhere that if you have more than one account, you have to give a reason so they can approve it(cuz, ya know, why would one person have multiple accounts).
Fisheye said:
Hi, I think if you have two accounts running on the same IP address, admin needs to approve it. It's in the forum rules. Don't worry, this will get sorted!
Great thank you guys! Do you know any of the admins users so I could mention them so they see this page?

flyinGourami

Sav038 said:
Great thank you guys! Do you know any of the admins users so I could mention them so they see this page?
I think Coradee , Lucy , Mike could help? Srry don't remember everyone and I've never messaged a mod lol.

SavTheArtist

Yep looks good lol, thank you so much

Coradee

Hi, as mentioned above if you registered the account from your own computer that’s why it's waiting for admin approval, only Mike can do that & I’m sure he will when he sees this.

SavTheArtist

Coradee said:
Hi, as mentioned above if you registered the account from your own computer that’s why it's waiting for admin approval, only Mike can do that & I’m sure he will when he sees this.
Great thank you! Sorry for the difficulty.

SavTheArtist

Update for everyone: It worked!! He is ecstatic and will be logging on soon. Thank you for all the help!

SavTheArtist

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom