Adjusting Fish

bcsay720

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hi, everyone,

I have a new betta (he is my fourth), but I had bad luck with my last betta getting sick (for 3 entire months before finaly dying. Very sad experience) and now I'm a little gunshy. My new betta is very happy and active (and has the biggest, chonkiest head). He's amazing. It's been about 2 weeks since I brought him home and introduced him to his tank (pre-cycled, and he lives alone), and he's starting to take more naps (20 min to 1 hour) and go to sleep for the night earlier (between 6 and 7 pm). He's very active and happy and social when he wakes up. I just want to double check that this is normal behavior since he is pretty settled into his tank now. Thanks!

SanDiegoRedneck

Well Known
Reaction score
bcsay720 said:
Hi, everyone,

I have a new betta (he is my fourth), but I had bad luck with my last betta getting sick (for 3 entire months before finaly dying. Very sad experience) and now I'm a little gunshy. My new betta is very happy and active (and has the biggest, chonkiest head). He's amazing. It's been about 2 weeks since I brought him home and introduced him to his tank (pre-cycled, and he lives alone), and he's starting to take more naps (20 min to 1 hour) and go to sleep for the night earlier (between 6 and 7 pm). He's very active and happy and social when he wakes up. I just want to double check that this is normal behavior since he is pretty settled into his tank now. Thanks!
Yes normal for bettas to nap alot and sleep long nights

New Threads