Adhi sump/refugium and overflow box

Theman1

HI everyone, I recently acquired a ADHI sump/refugium for free. I also received a CPRcs100 overflow box which is 800 gph. The overflow box is massive and I think may be overkill for my 40 gallon breeder. Should I get a smaller box? And what size return pump should I consider?

LeoDiaz

Is this overflow box a hang on or a one that you have to silicone in? Can you post a pic of the overflow? I'll tell you more once I see the overflow.

Theman1

This is the best picture I have of the overflow box. I can get a better picture when I get home. Its also a hob overflow

LeoDiaz

About this picture where is it?... A hang on overflow I see I personally never liked them but there good for people that can't drill the tank.

Theman1

I plan on eventually picking up another 40 gallon breeder to try and drill. But I have this overflow box so I thought it could work for now.

LeoDiaz

I plan on eventually picking up another 40 gallon breeder to try and drill. But I have this overflow box so I thought it could work for now.
I see it now if you want you can use it, for 40 gallon I would get a pump that pushes about 400-500gph after head height. But if you want more gph the highest I would go with an 800gph overflow is 600gph.

Theman1

I see it now if you want you can use it, for 40 gallon I would get a pump that pushes about 400-500gph after head height. But if you want more gph the highest I would go with an 800gph overflow is 600gph.

I believe if I use a mag 7 that will bring me around 500 gph with the head height.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • Zach72202
  • Sump
Replies
Views
fishkeepinginaisa
  • Jaystank
  • Sump
Replies
Views
Jaystank