ADHD corys

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Anyone ever hear of cories that seem to be fighting among themselves?? This morning I noticed that my three speckled cories seemed to fighting amoung themselves any ideas??? They were going everywhere chasing each other and it got so bad that Inari got mad flared and chased a few of them around the tank he usuallly watches them but never has he chased them in my memory...

~inari

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sounds like their getting ready to spawn Have you done a large water change or is the weather changing outside (rain, snow, storm etc)/ These will frequently trigger a spawn and sometimes it doesn't take anything to trigger a spawn their just ready.
Carol

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
i did a large water change yes due to excess setiment floating in the water no more than 50 but considering i usually do a 25 that is pretty drastic. Here in MI we had some storms last night, they have been moved around a bit i'm at home right now so that might do it too but they were moved almost a week ago and i doubt this has much effect . And then this afternoon and evening, they were fine so idk what is up with the little buggers anyway should i have any female in the tank since they may want to spawn, or will they be fine also should i watch for fin nipping or anything like that??? thanx butterfly

~Inari

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I've never seen a cory nip any fins. I would just leave them alone. Maybe their just having a cory party. This is pretty normal behaviour for corys You may already have a male and female but I wouldn't add anymore just for that purpose.
Enjoy your corys
Carol

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
alright my only concern was Inari this morning when i got up and was preparing the tank for my week long vacation, I noticed that there was some fin nipping I think it was Inari 'cause a few times they made Inari mad 'cause he was chasing some of them so that was my only problem the fin nipping isn't that bad just like one bit the cory is fine tho anyway thanx carol

~inari

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom