ADF Tank

1. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

Im going to turning my 10 gallon into a ADF tank

How many can I put in there and can I put some other small fish?

2. RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

How many ADF are you getting?? I think a couple endlers would look good. Or perhaps a Honey Gourami. Or both haha. I also like guppies but I'm not sure how ADFs will take to the long tails of the male guppies. You could also try a Ram. Try to get fish that stay away from the bottom areas. Are you going to get anything else for the tank? Planted or no? Stay away from Ghost Shrimp because they'll pinch ADFs and the frogs could get infections. Or at least that's what I've been told.

3. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

Thats what I was asking how many adf's could I put in there to be functional tank. I also dont really want guppies anymore. Maybe some endlers.It will be all lowlight plants but it will be moderately planted

4. Meeps83 Well Known Member Member

Rams stay on the bottom of the tank... A honey gourami would probably be pretty, but I thought it was recommended that ADF's be in a species only tank due to their eyesight?

5. STLBluesFan Member Member

i would think depending on if you have fish or not... you could have any where between 2-5, and yes, because of thier eye sight, if you put them with fish, it can be a hassle to feed them because the fish seem to like everything you feed to the frogs and get to it before them

6. cameronpalte Member Member

I think you should try to make an ADF only tank as that will look nice and minimize problems.

7. RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

For a 10g I'd say 3 ADFs would be good. 2 would be better though. You would need to target feed the ADFs though so you made sure they got food. Usually they will learn to compete with fish, from my experience, but at first they won't.

8. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

If you make it an adf only tank 4 would be just fine :)