ADF suddenly very thin

LinasPlantLife

I have two ADFs, Marimo and Little Butt. They’ve been with me for almost four months now. Both are fed equally, yet Marimo seems to be the only one who has filled out. Little Butt has remained thinner in the hip area, but I just noticed that he’s suddenly very thin there. For the past three days I have been feeding frog pellets, letting some float and pushing some down right away with the tongs so they settle on the sand faster. Marimo is good about eating them at the surface before they even float down. Little Butt tries but I’ve mostly seen him eat them on the ground, but this was only once or twice that I actually saw this.

And now he’s even thinner! How worried should I be about this? Is he going to pass away because he might not have been good at finding the frog pellets for the past three days? I just fed him three freeze dried bloodworms. I had begun feeding them frozen food but I had left the package out one day so I need to buy another. I see him swimming still, and he’s always been a bit clumsy like falling on his back when I feed him. He’s always done that, but I’m wondering if there’s any signs I should be looking for that he’s ill?

Attachments

• 0D4BC1A9-28C1-4566-846D-C67162F7D409.jpeg
    0D4BC1A9-28C1-4566-846D-C67162F7D409.jpeg
    180.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 2778E837-12F8-49ED-888A-04E409B6D49B.jpeg
    2778E837-12F8-49ED-888A-04E409B6D49B.jpeg
    180 KB · Views: 25

Bruinfishkeeper1

I would recommend sticking them to the frozen bloodworms or frozen brine shrimp

maybe Lucy can help would this

Upvote 0

Lucy

Hi,
I really don't know what is wrong but he is dangerously thin. I agree with bruniskeeper1. Switch back to frozen brine shrimp or some other frozen protein.
Other than that I don't know, I'm sorry :(

Upvote 0

LinasPlantLife

I would recommend sticking them to the frozen bloodworms or frozen brine shrimp

maybe Lucy can help would this
Thank you very much for your help. I’ll be going back to feeding frozen food.
Hi,
I really don't know what is wrong but he is dangerously thin. I agree with bruniskeeper1. Switch back to frozen brine shrimp or some other frozen protein.
Other than that I don't know, I'm sorry :(
Hi Lucy. It was scary to see him so thin. :( Luckily immediately after being fed frozen again (I took a trip to the pet store yesterday), he filled out more. I’m going to stick to tong feeding him always. Thank you very much for the help.

Upvote 0

Bruinfishkeeper1

Thank you very much for your help. I’ll be going back to feeding frozen food.

Hi Lucy. It was scary to see him so thin. :( Luckily immediately after being fed frozen again (I took a trip to the pet store yesterday), he filled out more. I’m going to stick to tong feeding him always. Thank you very much for the help.
No problem!! Just make sure you don't feed him everyday since ADF's digestive systems need a pause between meals (so feed the frozen food every other day or even every two days) but since he's so skinny feed him a little more food then usual and do every other day for feeding!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
LinasPlantLife
Replies
Views
Redshark1
  • Question
Replies
Views