Adf missing?!

Discussion in 'Amphibians' started by fallonrhea, Jul 23, 2015.

1. f

fallonrhea Valued Member Member

I have checked everywhere. I took everything out of the tank and search high and low for her around the tank! How far could she have gotten is she escaped?? I also cleaned out the entire filter (took apart and rinsed out in the sink and everything.) Do they bury themselves in gravel? She is seriously no where...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

2. AndreDecasa

AndreDecasa Well Known Member Member

What kind of gravel is it? I had mine bury themselves in sand and tiny tiny gravel but still semi-visible. These are frogs and amphibians we are talking about so theres a big chance she might have escaped far far away. What kind of fish you have in the tank with her? Do you have cats or dogs? There is a possibility they might have ate it.

3. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Oh no!
    Are there any openings in the hood? They can squeeze out of the smallest openings.
    I know this from experience.

Out of the corner of my eye I see one of my frogs hopping across. He was about 10 to 15 feet away from his tank covered in cat hair.
    Luckily I found him before he dried out.

Was this frog in with the pale one?

Edit;
    Are there any decorations that have holes in the bottom?
    I found one of mine scrinched way up inside one once.
    Now I make sure I plug those holes or they are placed solidly on the bottom so no one can squish underneath.

They are surprisingly good at hiding

4. OP
    OP
    f

fallonrhea Valued Member Member

It's just the normal gravel mixed with larger rocks. She still hasn't made an appearance so I'm going to have to search my bedroom for her... I don't have a lid on it because she has never tried to escape before. She was a very good girl who loved her little home I made for her. I added a mason jar with a plant coming out of it and I think she used that to hop out. She was in the same tank as the pale male. Now that she is gone his color is darkening. I think maybe she was stressing him out? Maybe they didn't care for each other so she decided to leave... I miss her. She was my baby girl. I'm very sad now and will be making a tight lid to fit my tank.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

5. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

:( That stinks.
    Glad to hear you'll be adding a lid. ADF's do escape from time to time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice