ADF Hiding a bit much

Kjirsti

I have had an African Dwarf Frog for a few months now. He had a partner but sadly she passed away from a fungal infection. I recently removed my frog into a new aquarium for about half an hour so I could scrub the tank algae away properly. Ever since then, I have not seen my frog leave his hiding place for days, not even to eat or go up for air (but of course I know that he is still alive in there). I plan to get him another partner as soon as possible so he is not alone but do I need to worry that he is hiding so much? I’m worried that the process of moving and cleaning has traumatized him! Is this possible? Can I do anything to fix it?

JustAFishServant

To me, it sounds like a sad case of a broken heart. Although ADF's aren't known the be the most intelligent, they still have feelings and can become depressed if they loose a friend or are alone for too long. If I were you, place him back in immediately after it is "clean", and get him a new friend ASAP. Good luck!

Upvote 0

MyFishAddiction

I would agree with what JustAFishServant said, he wants a friend. The more ADFs the better! (until your tank gets too crowded.) Also jeep in mind that it is ADF nature to hide.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Ghelfaire
Replies
Views
ADFbreeder
Replies
Views
Kjeldsen