ADF has other ADFs leg in mouth Help

1. slashgash Member Member

I fed my ADfs a few minutes ago, and then turneed away. When I turned back one of my ADFs had another ADFs entire arm in his mouth. I dont know what to do.

2. STLBluesFan Member Member

adf's cant see very well and often times when they smell food they will blindly just snap and thus, sometimes can bite the wrong thing.. maybe reach in and try and get it out, and maybe while doing that it will scare them and he will let go of the others foot

3. Dlondon95 Well Known Member Member

I agree. Just gently poke around near them so they swim away and hopefully get loose.

4. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Mine used to grab each other all the time while feeding.
    A healthy ADF should have swiftly detached it's self and swam away.

How long have they been like that?

5. slashgash Member Member

They were only like that about 5 minutes. The one who's leg was inside the others mouth was fighting to get it out but the other was fighting to keep it in. lol. Eventually he was able to detach himself after about 5 minutes.

6. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

My girls snap-and-hold at each other, mainly my bigger girl, clamping on to the smaller one. She likes to eat, and anything is potentially food to her -_- Yesterday, the big female had the smaller ones whole side clamped tightly in her mouth! The smaller one was failing around, trying so hard to break free >.< Finally, the fatty let go (I guess it was too much of an effort for something that might or might not have been eatable :rolleyes:) and they both carried on looking for food, occasionally snapping at each other if the other got too close. Strange creatures... LOL

7. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Oh! Whew!
    Maybe you should feed them a varied diet.
    Apparently he wanted frog legs for dinner! lol

8. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

o.o'

9. ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

Must be the French variant of ADF :giggle:

Slash - I can only imagine the panic you would have experienced. Good to see everyone survived.