ADF feeding ?

IheartmyOscars

Reaction score
My ADF's (2) live in a ten gallon with tetras. I bought the sinking frog pellets, but I've never seen them eat any. I've seen them eat bloodworms, but I've been advised by someone on this board not to feed my tetras bloodworms more than once per week, and they eat them when i try to get them to the frogs. Are the frogs eating and I'm just missing it? Is there anything I can do to assure that they are getting fed?

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The frogs will have a hard time finding the pellets if you have substrate. I think you can feed thr frogs bloodworms everyday unlike fish but I don't know a whole lot about them.

IheartmyOscars

Reaction score
is there anything else besides bloodworms that they will eat? like i said, the tetras eat most of the bloodworms while I try to get them to the frogs, which isn't best for the tetras.

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Can you get small earthworms? I fed my clawed frogs them

Shastam

Reaction score
When I had adf's I used to feed them live brine shrip and they loved it! But you can give them almost anything, they will eat off the bottom of the tank, so any sinking pellets would be good for them.

Radcliffe

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have tetras and African Dwarf Frogs together in a tank, and yes the tetras do like the bloodworms. I tend to feed flake food to the tetras first, then add the bloodworms once the fish have eaten a bit already. :)

--R

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom