Adf emergencey reply!!!

1. kittykat0725 Member Member

Hi - I have had three african dwarf frogs in total, right now I have two in a ten gallon tank, just today they both started floating at the top of the tank and not going down! This worries me the most because I used to have another african dwarf frog that did the same thing and died about a month later from it. So I was wondering if there are any medicines that would cure them. Please reply!

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. kittykat0725 Member Member

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1405714045.520005.jpg
    They sometimes come down but for very short amount of time and most of the time they look like this ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1405714494.959524.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

**Moved to the amphibians section of the forum**

I'm sorry your frogs are worrying you. :(

How long have you had them?

First thing to do would be to rule out water conditions.
    What are the readings for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate?

Is it possible that the betta is stressing them?

4. AbsolutTalent Member Member

Going to agree with Lucy, need to know your params first to rule out spikes.

2nd- Knowing how long you have had them is good. Did you get all 3 at the same time? or first one and the other 2 after? All under 4 months ago? If its under 4 months, possibility of Chytrid is fairly high and mixed results with treatment with a higher death rate than survival.

5. kittykat0725 Member Member

I got the first one in March this year, he died two weeks ago, I got the second on about two days before he died and the third one last Tuesday. I thought that the betta was stressing him on the first one, so I moved him to another tank, but after a day he started floating again. Right now only one is floating rarely goes down, while the other one floaters for about ten secs, then goes down for a long time.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app