Adf and nitro etc Question

1. can haz catfishies? Member Member

Ok I have just got kmyself 4adf's and they are in a lightly planted tank, I normally dose my tanks with the following
    Weekly profito and nitro
    And a daily dose of easycarbo (all from easy life)
    I have seen another thread about sachem ferts and adf but wondered if anyone had experiance with these ferts and adf's
    Would just like to be sure I am safe as I want my plants to be healthy but don't want to harm the adfs

2. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

I dose with flourish comp weekly, and replac my root tabs as instructed by the box ( every 3 months, I think). So far, I have not noticed any adverse effects on my frogs. :)

3. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

I go out of my way to not fertilize my ADF tank. Amphibians absorb toxins through their skin. Fertilizers can have an accumulative affect on frogs. You may not notice things in the short - mid term. But you could possibly shortening their lifespan. Now I can't guarantee one way or the other but I don't want to risk it.

4. frogbreeder Well Known Member Member

Personally, I also avoid adding anything that isn't absolutely necessary to my frog tanks. Like Cichlidnut, I worry about the long term effects of such chemicals, because a frog's skin is extremely absorbant. I also figure it's better to be safe than sorry. But, having said that, others have reported no obvious immediate effects to the frogs from using certain products. So, they may very well be safe. So, I guess, it's a matter of carefully weighing the benefits and risks, and deciding from there. - frogbreeder