Adf And Ghost Shrimp

babiimoore

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
hey guys! i got some new guys to add to my 5 gallon an hour or so ago. 3 ghost shrimps. currently i have two happy little ADF frogs that i absolutely love. but after what im seeing im scared to even put them in the tank! i have them in their petsmart bag acclimating to the water temp and one of my frogs is so interested in them, hes just standing on his back legs watching them. he swims up to the bag and bites. is he going to try to kill them all if i let them free in the tank? i have a 10 gallon with 2 mollies and a betta, but it doesnt have many hiding spots yet, would that be a better bet for their survival?

Attachments

midna

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
he is so cute!! he's probably just wondering what the heck that thing is doing in his tank. adfs have been known to eat smaller shrimp such a ghost shrimp. that being said, it's the luck of the draw. the shrimp might be fast enough to avoid the frogs and the frogs may be too blind to see them.

Neutral-Waterinos

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
babiimoore said:
hey guys! i got some new guys to add to my 5 gallon an hour or so ago. 3 ghost shrimps. currently i have two happy little ADF frogs that i absolutely love. but after what im seeing im scared to even put them in the tank! i have them in their petsmart bag acclimating to the water temp and one of my frogs is so interested in them, hes just standing on his back legs watching them. he swims up to the bag and bites. is he going to try to kill them all if i let them free in the tank? i have a 10 gallon with 2 mollies and a betta, but it doesnt have many hiding spots yet, would that be a better bet for their survival?
Wow nice! Two of them are berried let’s hope they don’t get eaten cause you’ll be getting lil’ Shrimplets soon.

babiimoore

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Neutral-Waterinos said:
Wow nice! Two of them are berried let’s hope they don’t get eaten cause you’ll be getting lil’ Shrimplets soon.
theyre pregnant?!

babiimoore

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
midna said:
oop yep, the two on the right are. those green things are eggs!
awesome! do you think the tiny babies could survive with the frogs? from what ive seen i would say my frogs are mostly blind because it takes them 3 tries to get a bite of food sometimes, ha. do the shrimp grow fast? sorry for all the questions

babiimoore

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
i just turned the light on for the frogs, and what is this all over my filter?.. im assumimg its from the shrimps because all three were on there until i scared them on accident. anyone know what these little orange things are?..

Attachments

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom