Adequate return pump?

1. a

ameliadanielle Valued Member Member

http://www.amazon.com/Aqueon-Quietf...&sr=8-1&keywords=aqueon+submersible+pump+3000

This is the return pump I've purchased for my sump and it will be here Monday. I'm hoping it will do the job. I have a 65G predrilled tank with a 30G sump. It also has to push water about 5ft up. I couldn't find any charts for this pump online about what the GPH will be adjusted for height. Does anyone know where I could find those for the aqueon pumps or has anyone used one of these around a similar height?

2. OP
    OP
    a

Maybe this should be moved to the review section. I got this pump today and it's worthless. Unless you want your pump to sit there and vibrate. Because that's all it does. Absolutely no water movement at all. Will not pump water from the sump to the tank. Will not even create water movement in the sump. Just vibrates enough to make noise and pretend like it's working. Garbage.

3. krazyone2006

krazyone2006 Well Known Member Member

is the impeller stuck on it? Can you feel it sucking or trying to suck water in once submerged? It sounds like you might have just gotten a bad pump? Should be able to return it for a replacement if thats the case.

4. OP
    OP
    a

The whole rotor assembly was snapped in half, so the impeller wasn't attached to the rotor. I super glued it, just to try to test it. As I needed to test the plumbing for leaks and the only part I couldn't check was the return line. It worked for 5 minutes and snapped again.

I contacted Aqueon for a replacement rotor assembly. They informed me I couldn't even buy the part I needed, but should return the product to Amazon. Because it was a shipped product it must be shipping damage and they couldn't cover that. So I have just received my replacement, I checked the assembly before even plugging it in to test it and everything seems in tact. We'll see if it stays in tact and functions.

8/16/14 The new pump is working perfectly. So far. I'm still concerned with the lack of replacement parts available. As I'm not the first one that has had an issue with the impeller assembly. It's doing a great job moving the water up 5-6ft.

Advertisement